fishbat is a Long Island web development company and we have seen what an effective website looks like and what a cluttered, frustrating, mind-boggling jumble of text, images (and sometimes sound) looks like. Luckily, we at fishbat are here to share some pointers on how to have an effective website and how to avoid creating the other kind.
We have all seen what an effective website looks like and what a cluttered, frustrating, mind boggling jumble of text, images (and sometimes sound) looks like. Luckily, we at fishbat are here to share some pointers on how to have an effective website and how to avoid creating the other kind.
- “I Can’t Even See It” Anything that is unclear and muddled together is a website no-no. Website visitors should have no problem viewing the content on the site. So it might be a good idea to re-think that lack background and very dark blue text color.
- On/Off If there is sound on your wbsite (and, really, why do you need sound?), please provide an off, mute or at least a pause button. A noisy, never ending musical ensemble will do more harm than good to your site.
- “Is it Broken?” You never want visitors to become frustrated with content when on your site. To help eliminate this possibility, all buttons and links should be easily accessible and any broken links should be removed.
- Spelling Typos can be embarrassing and should never be a feature of your site. Effective websites will have been thoroughly proof read before posting.
- Beauty in Simplicity Short and sweet is usually a good policy to follow when adding content to your website. I would say more, but that would distract from the short and sweetness of it all.
Remember, there are many different ways to build the perfect website. There is no “one size fits all” solution. If you need a place to start, try checking out your competitors. See what they do right and what you would like to change, and use these when creating your website. You want it to stand out, but at the same time you should see what works.
Please contact fishbat for more information about social media marketing agency services.