YouTube is regarded as one of the biggest social media platforms today and for good reason. When it comes to video streaming and on-demand video content, no platform can match its authority and presence. Even those that aren’t on more traditional social media sites like Facebook and Twitter are likely to peruse YouTube once a day. It has brought content creators across all interests to the forefront, allowing them to build audiences that seem to only get stronger. However, getting to the top of the proverbial mountain isn’t without its challenges, which is where a series of YouTube SEO tips will prove useful.
SEO, or search engine optimization, isn’t limited to standard websites. It can also be used on social media; as mentioned earlier, YouTube falls under this umbrella. It’s entirely possible to optimize YouTube profiles, channels, and content alike, ensuring that users on the platform enjoy greater visibility. How can this be done, you may wonder? To climb your way to the top of arguably the largest video streaming site in the world, here are the top 5 YouTube SEO tips to know. It may also benefit you to enlist the services of an experienced SEO agency to further bolster your efforts.
1. Consider video descriptions. With each YouTube video is a description section that is left entirely up to the user to fill out. There are numerous aspects to know when it comes to crafting descriptions with SEO in mind. First, with 1,000 characters per video description, understand that each character matters. Second, include keywords – we will discuss these in greater detail a little later – that you would like to rank for. Third, include any relevant information tied to you, such as other social media channels. These are just a few YouTube SEO tips that will go a long way.
2. Smartly implement keywords. Keyword research is among the most critical components of SEO. These are terms that businesses and entities would like to rank for, so it’s important to choose the most appropriate ones. Additionally, they must be included in everything from video descriptions, as detailed earlier, to titles. When keywords are prevalent, though not so much as to come across as spammy, there will be a significant SEO benefit to be enjoyed. A reputable online marketing agency will carry out keyword research, keeping your brand and goals in mind.
3. Include relevant tags. Next, ensure that each YouTube video you upload has relevant tags included. These are designed for multiple purposes. Not only do they help describe what content entails, but they can help make content more searchable, leading to greater SEO results. Tags can be added when uploading videos, but they can also be included to preexisting ones if they haven’t been included already. What this means is that your historical content, which can be beneficial to SEO, can be made that much more impactful. Not unlike keywords, be mindful when selecting relevant tags.
4. Produce high-quality content. No SEO strategy, whether on YouTube or in general, is complete without a focus on content. To be more specific, it should be high-quality, providing value to viewers. There are many ways that this can be done, such as tailoring content to user interests and investing in high-end technology for more professional-looking videos. By following these steps, the quality of your content will improve, which will lead to stronger SEO in turn.
5. Encourage engagement, specifically comments and subscriptions. Many factors determine the prominence of YouTube channels. Arguably the most critical is engagement, including comments on videos and subscription numbers. In videos, users are recommended to address viewers, encouraging them to leave comments and subscribe so that they don’t miss any new content that drops. The more engagement channels yield, the higher they will rank, which is the goal of any SEO strategy.
With these YouTube SEO tips in mind, you will be able to optimize your account, as well as all the content associated with it, for the sake of visibility. Search engine optimization is a complex process, to say the least, and it’s everchanging. For this reason, if you’re uncertain as to how to optimize your presence on the platform, it’s recommended that you speak to an online marketing specialist. They will provide SEO insight, implement best practices that will bolster your presence, and even take your content to a higher level.
About fishbat: fishbat is a full-service digital marketing company that takes a holistic business approach to their clients’ digital marketing programs. The fishbat team understands the importance of business principles just as well as the nuances of the latest digital technologies. fishbat offers every digital marketing service available from digital marketing research and planning to brand development to website and asset creation through social media management and search engine optimization programs – all custom calibrated for both B2B and B2C businesses.