Real estate is among the most booming industries in the world today. For further clarification, there are a few key statistics to know. For example, did you know that over 800,000 houses in the United States were sold in 2020 alone? Furthermore, in the country, there are over two million people that work as real estate agents. To say that this industry is big would be an understatement. However, with such a big industry, there is sure to be considerable competition as well. To get ahead of others, not only in your area but across the country, social media marketing must be utilized.
Many real estate agents, brokers, realtors, and other such specialists use social media for their businesses. While the likes of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn may not lead to direct sales, social media plays a role in how successful said specialists are. Furthermore, with the sheer number of people that use social media, it’s all the more imperative to make it part of one’s digital marketing strategy. Here are 5 reasons why social media marketing, when carried out by a reputable online marketing company, matters in real estate.
1. It helps foster relationships. One of the reasons why social media marketing matters is that it can foster relationships with users. As stated earlier, it can’t be guaranteed that social media, in and of itself, will lead to direct sales. However, it can help take businesses steps toward the goal at hand; one of those steps, as you may imagine, is building relationships with potential clients. When dialogues are created with users, they will feel more inclined to interact. The more that said relationships are built, the greater the likelihood of business being created becomes. Anyone that works in real estate would be wise to invest in social media for this reason alone.
2. It facilitates the sharing and creation of content. Next, social media marketing helps in regard to sharing and creating content. In real estate, content can take multiple forms. For example, a real estate agent may have their own website where they publish blog posts, covering such topics as the best times to purchase homes or most affordable towns or municipalities to live in certain states. These posts can be promoted on their various social media channels. However, it’s equally important that they share content from other reputable sites, which goes a long way in establishing authorities.
3. It can serve as a customer service tool. Customer service can be conducted in different ways, including face-to-face conversation, phone, and email. However, did you know that social media can also serve as a customer service tool? Real estate agents would be wise to follow up with messages left on their various channels, especially if they inquire about services. After all, there is a possibility that a potential buyer will inquire about a home, apartment, or office space, whether on Facebook, Twitter, or any other networking platform, without even landing on an agent’s website. This is an example of social media marketing create opportunities to spark dialogues that may lead to sales closing.
4. It can be as cost-effective as real estate specialists prefer. Needless to say, those that work in real estate will endeavor to minimize costs. This is one of the other areas where social media marketing shines. The free-to-use nature of social media networking platforms makes them appealing from the onset. In fact, many specialists may be content with the free offerings. If they wish to reach more people in specific areas, advertising their services in more effective ways, paid ad options exist as well. Furthermore, these are incredibly customizable, providing user-friendliness in the process.
5. Social media, as a whole, is ever-growing. Perhaps the most important aspect of social media marketing, whether in real estate or any other industry, is that it never stops growing. For this reason, real estate agents must be on top of their social media strategies. Existing platforms may change their layouts, add new tools, and adjust their paid advertising services. This doesn’t even begin to touch on the new platforms that may rise to the surface, prompting agents, brokers, and other professionals to expand their social media advertising efforts that much more. Given the ever-growing nature of social media, it’s all the more important for real estate specialists to embrace its capabilities.
About fishbat: fishbat is a full-service social media advertising agency that takes a holistic business approach to their clients’ digital marketing programs. The fishbat team understands the importance of business principles just as well as the nuances of the latest digital technologies. fishbat offers every digital marketing service available from digital marketing research and planning to brand development to website and asset creation through social media management and search engine optimization programs – all custom calibrated for both B2B and B2C businesses.