We are just weeks away from Thanksgiving, which is one of the busiest holidays of the year. Not only are people planning on shopping during Black Friday and Cyber Monday following the day in question, but stores are going to be packed beforehand with shoppers looking to find last-minute items for their big get-togethers. Businesses will find traffic to their physical and digital storefronts increased during this period, provided they invest in advertising. Whether you specialize in retail, homemade goods, or what have you, the expertise of a digital marketing agency will help you maximize the upcoming holiday. Here are 7 Thanksgiving digital marketing tips to keep in mind.
1. Update your company’s branding. When it comes to Thanksgiving digital marketing practices, updating your company’s branding is a good place to begin. You don’t have to go terribly over the top to make this a reality, either. For example, use colors that are closely associated with Thanksgiving, including red, yellow, and orange. Next, make sure that your branding is friendly and inviting, as to generate as much online traffic as possible. By following these steps, your digital marketing will thrive leading up to Thanksgiving.
2. Highlight products that coincide with the holiday. Next, tailor your Thanksgiving digital marketing effort toward products that relate to the holiday. For instance, if you run a coffee shop, you may wish to shine a spotlight on particular beverages. Pumpkin spice lattes, for example, are incredibly popular during this time of year. You may also wish to showcase seasonal pastries, depending on what your shop’s offerings entail. Certain products will be more seasonal than others, so take advantage of the limited window that you have.
3. Theme your content around Thanksgiving. Another way to get the most out of your digital marketing efforts, leading up to Thanksgiving, is by theming your content around the holiday in question. This goes for anything that you develop from a digital standpoint. Examples include, but aren’t limited to, blog posts, infographics, and videos. If you’re stumped as to how to create seasonal content, you may wish to consult an experienced content marketing agency, as they will provide insight and services you need to accomplish your short and long-term goals.
4. Announce upcoming sales ahead of time. Ideally, you’ll want to give potential shoppers at least one week’s notice before sales take place. With busy shopping days in the form of Black Friday and Cyber Monday approaching, it’s critical that you, not the competition, receive the patronage of others. You can do this by sending out physical materials, such as shopping catalogs in the mail, or through newsletters distributed via email. The sooner you announce upcoming sales, the better business will be during the aforementioned shopping days.
5. Run giveaways to drum up interest. To increase the likelihood of users engaging with your brand during Thanksgiving, run giveaways. There’s no quicker way to catch an audience’s attention than by giving away freebies that they may be interested in. This is especially true during a holiday when “giving” is its foundation. In any event, if you have the means to do so, hold giveaways online, whether through your website or the social media channels that you manage. You’ll see a spike in activity as a result.
6. Get involved in local events. As the world continues to recover following the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be an increase in local events being held. If there is one within close distance to you, ask the event organizer about booth space. Local events are typically held during this time of year to shine a light on smaller establishments, allowing them to market and sell their various wares. Not only does this give you another platform to boost business, but it can have an impact on your digital marketing efforts, particularly if event patrons are interested in researching you online.
7. Express to your audience that you care. Lastly, show your audience that you care. The holiday season is a time of great appreciation toward others, so what better way to wrap up your Thanksgiving digital marketing efforts in a bow than with an expression of thankfulness? This can be done in a number of ways, such as sharing social media posts for the public to see or by reaching out directly to consumers via email newsletters. Keep these in mind to make your marketing endeavors feel more personal.
About fishbat: fishbat is a full-service digital marketing and social media agency that takes a holistic business approach to their clients’ digital marketing programs. The fishbat team understands the importance of business principles just as well as the nuances of the latest digital technologies. fishbat offers every digital marketing service available from digital marketing research and planning to brand development to website and asset creation through social media management and search engine optimization programs – all custom calibrated for both B2B and B2C businesses.