Valentine’s Day is seen, by many, as one of the most uplifting times of the year. This is when people express how much they mean to each other, often through the exchanging of gifts, candy, and flowers. However, from a business standpoint, it’s an opportunity to help generate awareness, sales, and ultimately, revenue. Long Island advertising specialists understand that, for product and service-based companies, this is a critical period that shouldn’t be overlooked. This is where a solid Valentine’s Day marketing strategy comes into the equation.
It’s important to note just how well-rounded a Valentine’s Day marketing approach can be. Consider the services that your local New York Internet marketing agency may offer. Search engine optimization, social media management, and branding are just a few that fall under the broader digital marketing umbrella. Knowing how these should be implemented will allow you, as a business owner, to make the most of your advertising dollars. With this in mind, here are a few tips to help you maximize Valentine’s Day.
1. Focus on the human experience. Ultimately, Valentine’s Day is about people and the connections they share. Thus, the human experience must be captured in your digital marketing campaign. This can be done by making ads interactive, even if the interactive element in question is minimal. You should also create visual content with real-life people, as this helps to accentuate the holiday and showcase the human side that a company has. These are just a few ways that the human experience can be implemented into a Valentine’s Day marketing strategy.
2. Think outside of the box. What are some of the most purchased products one would associate with Valentine’s Day? Some examples include, but aren’t limited to, flowers, candies, and greeting cards. However, even if your business doesn’t specialize in such items, it doesn’t mean that this holiday is irrelevant to you. It’s entirely possible to market other products in such a way that they speak back to Valentine’s Day. For example, if you own a restaurant, perhaps you can showcase your various entrees differently. You may also wish to repackage your products as Valentine’s Day gifts, offering the public alternatives to more traditional presents. Keep these ideas in mind when building out your blueprint.
3. Take the opportunity to reveal new products or services. There are few times as critical to revealing new products or services as holidays. Valentine’s Day is no exception, so depending on the context of what you have to showcase, you may wish to wait until this time of year to do so. This is especially true for limited edition or limited run items, as these tend to catch one’s attention more effectively. Since such items will only be available during a certain window, it creates a sense of urgency in potential buyers, motivating them to act quickly so that they don’t miss out. This is yet another way to get the most out of your Valentine’s Day marketing plan.
4. Bundle preexisting products to create new shopping opportunities. If you have an extensive catalog of products, you may wish to create bundles and sell them in this fashion. This is an especially common practice in health and cosmetics; consider how many bundles come with such items as scented soaps, shampoo, aromatic candles, and the like. Bundles provide more value for a consumer’s investment. More importantly, though, it offers opportunities for your business to make money during seasonal periods. Bundle products with care, ensuring that there are themes present, to better market your wares.
5. Offer freebies to buyers. To increase the likelihood of a purchase being made, include a free item with said purchase. It’s not uncommon for retailers to offer freebies to shoppers based on how much they spend in a single purchase. This is an especially common practice during holidays such as Valentine’s Day given the sheer amount of money spent. Additionally, when a user is on the fence about completing a transaction, the proverbial carrot on a stick can make all the difference.
6. Utilize email to reach more people. If you don’t believe that your Valentine’s Day marketing strategy is working, it may be due to certain platforms being neglected. Email is among the most important, so if you’re building an online marketing strategy, see to it that this medium is part of it. Email can be used to send reminders to your audience, usually through newsletter content. The content in question should be able to promote your brand but in a way that offers value to the recipient. Be consistent with your email marketing; before long, you’ll see engagement rates increase.
About fishbat: fishbat is a full-service NY Internet marketing agency that takes a holistic business approach to their clients’ digital marketing programs. The fishbat team understands the importance of business principles just as well as the nuances of the latest digital technologies. fishbat offers every digital marketing service available from digital marketing research and planning to brand development to website and asset creation through social media management and search engine optimization programs – all custom calibrated for both B2B and B2C businesses.