Real estate is among the most bustling industries in the world today, though it isn’t without its challenges. This is especially true following the COVID-19 pandemic, as rising prices of real property and increased interest rates have become all too common. For reasons such as these, it’s stressed that real estate specialists make the most of the digital tools at their disposal. As your local Long Island web design agency may attest, website development is among the most essential tools to use. With this in mind, here are 7 web development tips for real estate agents.
1. Consider the layout or theme of your website. When discussing web development tips for real estate, the overall layout or theme of a website should be among the first topics discussed. One of the ways to go about this is by understanding the user. What will the user look for when they click on a real estate agent’s website? They may wish to learn more about the agent’s services, the areas where they’re licensed, and contact information, just to name a few examples. Finding such information is critical and the right website layout helps to accomplish his goal.
2. Build internal pages as needed. Real estate agents are likely to provide different services and assist clients in multiple regions. Thus, an internal page should be devoted to each, providing as much insight as possible to the user. For example, an agent may work in both residential and commercial real estate, assisting clients with purchasing and selling property. An agent could also be licensed in multiple locations; it wouldn’t be abnormal for geo-specific pages to be built out. The creation of multiple internal pages can also aid search engine optimization efforts, which we will expand upon later.
3. Include as many user testimonials as possible. Next, include testimonials from those that have worked with you in the past. This is among the best ways to build trust with your audience, as they will know others have had great experiences working with you. If a New York-licensed agent worked with someone relocating to Long Island, providing them with solid customer service and insight, this is indicative of a positive experience that should be shared with others. User testimonials can’t be overlooked in the discussion of web development tips for real estate agents.
4. Use search engine optimization for higher rankings. To ensure that one’s real estate website appears in search engine results, SEO must be taken into account. Essentially, this process determines how results are generated based on terms that users search for. One of the ways to go about smart SEO is customizing tags for webpage titles, images, and meta descriptions. Next, use long-term keywords, as these will help you rank based on attributes like location and services provided. Optimizing a website for search entails a certain level of care, so consult a local Long Island SEO specialist to learn more.
5. Show where users can find you on social media. A real estate agent’s website can serve as a gateway to other platforms, too. For instance, an agent may be active on Facebook, operating their own business page they update and use as a customer service tool. It’s also likely they’re on LinkedIn, utilizing said social media network to connect and correspond with professionals. Include your social media handles so that users have different avenues where they can reach you.
6. Make it as easy as possible for users to contact you. Finally, one of the best web development tips for real estate agents comes down to communication. To be more specific, the process should be simple for the user, providing them with not only seamless communication but multiple avenues that can be taken. A contact form is essential, as this allows the user to submit an inquiry that’s directed to the business owner. Chatbot implementation, which provides round-the-clock support, is another possibility. The easier communication is, the more website engagement you’ll see, resulting in increased leads.
7. Regularly test your website for errors. Over time, a real estate agent’s website may become susceptible to errors. Among the most common are error 404 prompts, which are typically delivered to the user when they attempt to visit a broken link or nonexistent page. An error 500 prompt tends to be a response to the web server being down or overloaded, unable to complete requests as needed. Not only do website errors harm SEO but the user experience as well. Regular testing will reduce the likelihood of such complications, keeping your site running smoothly.
About fishbat: fishbat is a full-service NY Internet marketing agency that takes a holistic business approach to their clients’ digital marketing programs. The fishbat team understands the importance of business principles just as well as the nuances of the latest digital technologies. fishbat offers every digital marketing service available from digital marketing research and planning to brand development to website and asset creation through social media management and search engine optimization programs – all custom calibrated for both B2B and B2C businesses.