With the summer winding down, companies should be considering what they’d like to accomplish during the fall months. This is especially true as, with the changing seasons, many businesses often shift their focuses from certain products to others. Their key performance indicators may shift as well, meaning that they’re more likely to use certain marketing tactics over the rest. When it comes to the latter, it’s essential to speak to a digital marketing firm that will work with your needs and goals in mind. In fact, they can help you develop and follow a checklist that will make digital marketing in autumn a breeze.
Having a solid plan for digital marketing in autumn accomplishes multiple goals. First, it ensures that you stay ahead of your competition, as others may not be as forward-thinking in regard to long-term promotional endeavors. Second, with a clear list of objectives, every moment and dollar invested in marketing will be spent wisely. These are just a few reasons to head into the latter months of 2021 with a checklist in mind. Here are just a few items that will make the checklist in question easy to follow.
1. Understand current trends. Over the past year-plus, it’s safe to say that consumer interests and buying behaviors have changed. Given the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges that accompanied it, the approach to digital marketing in autumn one year ago is unlikely to be as effective as an approach taken in 2021. Thus, understand current trends and how the public responds to them. Are they not spending as much on certain products as they did in years prior? Have their sensitivities changed, which could bring rise to fresher, more contemporary content? These are just a few ways businesses can respond to trends during the fall months.
2. Consider major holidays for your business. The fall months are arguably the busiest concerning major holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day are just a few examples of days businesses not only recognize but have been able to take advantage of. Depending on the nature of your company, certain holidays will be more relevant than others. For example, if your focus is food and beverage, preparing for Thanksgiving ahead of time is crucial. When it comes to consumer goods such as clothing and electronics, your business will have more to anticipate heading into Christmas. These are just a few ways to prepare for major holidays, allowing you to make the most of digital marketing in autumn.
3. Hold promotional deals to entice buyers. Given the aforementioned holidays, it’s fair to expect that consumers will be the most budget-conscious during the fall months as well. To attract these prospects, offer opportunities in which they can buy certain products while saving money. BOGOs are especially common in this regard. The same can be said for similar offers such as 20 percent off a certain amount of money spent and free shipping on orders above a certain price point. These are great ways to entice shoppers. More importantly, it will foster business relationships that can lead to repeat purchases in the long term.
4. Conduct email campaigns. Digital marketing in autumn and email campaigns work in tandem. Simply put, it’s difficult to imagine one without the other. Despite its age, especially in the digital marketing space, email serves as an effective communication tool. Of course, this is provided the right strategy is set in place. Any email marketing company will attest to the importance of content that speaks to recipients. Provide them with value; don’t simply market your wares, as this will make them less likely to tune into the words being relayed to them. The sooner that you prepare your email marketing efforts, the more potent they will be when put into practice.
5. Show gratitude. This extends even beyond Thanksgiving and the other major holidays discussed earlier. One of the best ways to appeal to an audience is by showing gratitude, letting past and present consumers know how much their business is appreciated. This can be done by running a promotion, as discussed earlier, allowing recipients to save money on purchases they may not have made otherwise. Even something as seemingly simple as a “thank you” email dropped in a recipient’s inbox can have a profound impact. As the end of 2021 draws closer, don’t forget to give thanks. The boost it provides digital marketing in autumn is invaluable.
About fishbat: fishbat is a full-service social media, email, and growth marketing agency that takes a holistic business approach to their clients’ digital marketing programs. The fishbat team understands the importance of business principles just as well as the nuances of the latest digital technologies. fishbat offers every digital marketing service available from digital marketing research and planning to brand development to website and asset creation through social media management and search engine optimization programs – all custom calibrated for both B2B and B2C businesses.